Fairtrade Alaffia Lip Balm
or make 4 interest-free payments of
or make 4 interest-free payments of $1.13 AUD fortnightly with More infoSale
- Coconut Mint
- Purely Coconut
Integriy Lane loves Alaffia because:
- Their products are Fair trade, which ensures producers in economically disadvantaged countries receive a greater percentage of the price paid by consumers. While there are several definitions of fair trade, they all include:
Fair Trade Price: base price for raw ingredients or goods is adjusted higher than open market price.
Price Premium: a percentage above the base fair trade price is paid into a separate account for development projects in producer communities.
Working Conditions: fair trade operators must adhere to basic human & labor rights, including the right to organize, no child labor, access to health care, and so on.
Environmental Stewardship: fair trade organizations must minimize environmental impact.
To Alaffia, fair trade means paying a fair price or wage in the local context, providing equal employment opportunities, engaging in environmental sustainable practices, providing healthy and safe working conditions, being open to public accountability, and reducing the number of middlemen between producers & consumers. They believe fair trade should be environmentally, economically, and culturally sustainable and give local communities the opportunity to self-empower.
- Alaffia's success is not simply measured by proﬁt, their success is measured by empowerment. Empowerment Projects are Alaffia’s mission in action, funded by the sales of Alafﬁa products. Alaffia invests in our communities because it is our moral responsibility and to ensure African resources empower African communities. The goal is to alleviate poverty and encourage gender equality. Their Empowerment Projects include several Education-Based Projects, Maternal Health, FGM Eradication, Eyeglasses and Reforestation. All of Alafﬁa’s projects empower Togolese communities to provide their skills and knowledge to the rest of the world and rise out of poverty.
As of August 2017 Alaffia have funded the following projects in African communities:
- 4,463 HOSPITAL BIRTHS FUNDED
- 7,482 BIKES DISTRIBUTED
- 32,842 SCHOOL SUPPLY RECIPIENTS
- 2,261 SCHOOL BENCHES BUILT
- 10 SCHOOLS CONSTRUCTED
- 57,575 TREES PLANTED
- 24,927 EYEGLASSES DONATED
- As part of their Maternal Health Initiatives, Alafﬁa aims to educate women about the dangers of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
Coconut Mint- Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Euphorbia cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Natural Coconut Flavor, Mentha spicata (Spearmint) Oil. *Fair for Life Fair Trade certified ingredient
Coconut Pineapple- Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Euphorbia cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Natural Coconut Pineapple Flavor. *Fair for Life Fair Trade certified ingredient
Purely Coconut- Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Euphorbia cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Natural Coconut Flavor. *Fair for Life Fair Trade certified ingredient